Thursday 26 November 2015

I hope I didn’t convey the wrong thing earlier, so here goes. I don’t think you are insensitive. See. In terms of the way you think, or the things you would like to speak about, you are very focused, very purposeful. And that does make a lot of sense - why talk about something that may not really improve anything, make you better, or enhance who you already are? I can totally understand that line of thought.

But when I said attachment, I think I meant a little more than conversations alone. I am the kind of person who is curious about the ‘why’s that you may find irrelevant - why you think the way you think, what leads to it, what are the little thoughts that make you you. So, this situation I was speaking about was about that. A bad day, a moment that may be insignificant to everyone but me, a random happy memory or stray thought - there are things that may seem irrational and non-issues, and your question might be ‘what is the point of sharing’ but the irrationality is the answer in itself - I am having these conversations because I am attached, because the person I am sharing these with means more than others, and maybe a part of being attached is that I want to know your quirks and how you think and those little things - and perhaps I want to share mine with you as well?

I don’t have an answer. Does this make sense, is it even relevant? Is this kind of thinking even meaningful outside of certain experiences that make me define self-worth a certain way? Clueless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment